The Legends Golf Club offers a variety of programs for junior golfers to advance their game. We offer private lessons, clinics, leagues and tournament opportunities that are designed to build confidence, develop fundamentals and technique and allow your junior golfer to develop their golf game at a pace that is good for them.
Since our junior participation has grown over the years, we are able to host our own in-house league. This is convenient for parents because travel is minimal and our season schedule is already set, so you can make plans ahead of time! Registration opens in late January.
We will not have a 17U team this year (players in this age group are encouraged to participate in our Jo Co Summer League), but new for 2019 we will host a Little Linksters League for ages 6&Under!
- Open to boys and girls ages 7-13. A junior may not turn 14 before August 1st.
- Deadline to Register is May 1.
- Registration will be limited to the first 48 players (4 teams of 12 players).
- We will have a pre-season Skills Test on Monday, May 6th starting at 5:30pm. This will be to assess player skills and ability and will be similar to a Drive, Chip and Putt Competition.
- Pre-Season practices will be held on Monday, May 13 and Monday, May 20th starting at 5:30pm. These practices will focus on developing team unity, learning the rules for PGA Jr League and gaining on-course experience.
- We will have 6 matches – all matches will be on Monday’s at 5:30 starting on June 3rd, with our last match being held on July 8th. Upon the completion of our last match, an All-Star team will be selected (10 players) and we will start All-Star practice later in July.
- Cost: $200 per player. The entire fee will be paid when you register online.
- Breakdown of Cost: $75 goes towards purchasing the team kits (jerseys, hat, drawstring bag and bag tag).
- The remaining $125 goes to the PGA Professionals and the facility. We have 9 dates on the calendar, including pre-season practices and regular season matches. This breaks down to approximately $14 per experience!
- Add-Ons packages for Private Lessons and Range Passes will be available.
- Little Linksters is open to boys and girls that are 6 years of age & Under – however, you know your child best, if you have a 7 year old who you think would be better suited for this league rather than the 13U league, you may register them for Little Linksters.
- Deadline to Register is May 1. If you wish to register, reach out to Crystal Morse, PGA and she will send a private link for registration.
- Limited to the first 16 players to register. We will have 2 teams, 8 players per team.
- There will be three pre-season practices. Saturday, May 11, 18 and 25 from 1:00-2:00pm. These practices will focus on learning the basic fundamentals of the game including safety, etiquette and teamwork.
- There will be 4 regular season matches: Saturdays, June 8, 15, 29 and July 20 starting at 1:00pm. There is no post season/All-Star team with this league.
- Matches will be 3 Holes on the Par 3 course and we will play from a shortened yardage depending on age/skill level.
- Parent involvement is mandatory. Parents will be asked to help supervise during practice and caddy during matches to ensure safety of all players.
- Cost: $160 per player. The entire fee will be paid when you register online.
- Breakdown of Cost: $75 will go towards purchasing team kits (jerseys, hat, drawstring bag and bag tag).
- The remaining $85 goes to the PGA Professionals and the facility. We have 7 dates on the calendar, including pre-season practices and regular season matches. This breaks down to approximately $12 per experience!
Contact Crystal Morse, PGA for any questions: email@example.com or 317-736-8186.
Click here to learn more about PGA Junior League.
Johnson County Golf League: Formed in 2017, JC Golf League is a summer league open to Middle School and High School golfers who are looking for weekly competition alongside their peers. This is a 6 week league that plays on Wednesday evenings in June and July. All play will be individual stroke play. More information to come for the 2019 season!
Junior Game Improvement Opportunities – stay tuned for the 2019 clinic and tournament calendar!
Junior Academy Classes, Clinics and Camps are taught by PGA Head Professional, Crystal Morse and will utilize Operation 36 programs! Operation 36 is a long term coaching program designed to progress golfers towards shooting 36 (even par) or better for 9 Holes.
Watch the this short video to learn more about Operation 36:
Stay tuned for the 2019 Junior Golf Schedule!